11 November 2021
PR Contract for 2022 Festival – Now Closed
Cúirt is seeking to appoint a PR agency or individual to devise, execute and evaluate a highly-effective PR strategy and campaign that will fulfil the PR objectives of Cúirt Literary Festival 2022. The festival takes place in April. We are looking to appoint a PR representative in December.
BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT
Cúirt International Festival of Literature is an annual festival of words and ideas, bringing together the best in Irish and international contemporary writing. Founded in 1985, Cúirt has become a staple of Galway and Ireland’s cultural calendar, supporting local writers, giving an international platform to Irish writing and creating unique literary experiences for our audiences. In its 36-year history, it has grown from a festival of poetry to a vibrant week-long event that includes events with fiction, non-fiction and poetry writers, debate and discussion, events for young people, music, visual art and film, as well as a growing outreach programme.
The communications strategy has identified a wide range of stakeholder groups. Through all its programmes, Cúirt aims to reach the broadest possible audience and thus public engagement will be at the forefront of the campaign to ensure the key communications are met.
- Existing Cúirt Audience:
- Wider audience with a particular focus on youth, minority and disability participation ● Partners and Stakeholders: Galway Council, Galway Arts Centre, Funders ● Local community including local writers, residents and businesses.
COMMUNICATIONS AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The key communications aims are:
- Drive ticket sales
- Announce Cúirt with impact
- Raise awareness of Cúirt amongst a broader audience – with particular focus on increased participation from minority, disabled and younger audiences
- Strengthen the perception of Cúirt as a key cultural event
- Maintain a strong relationship with partners
BRIEF AND OBJECTIVES
The PR agency appointed will be responsible for devising a strategy and working with Cúirt to deliver the following goals:
- Create and deliver a wide-reaching national and local publicity campaign to build awareness, encourage ticket sales and showcase festival success
- Raise awareness of Cúirt in media coverage through local, national, arts and culture press and broadcast media.
- Develop a strong, distinctive profile for the Director of Cúirt by securing strategic opinion and profile pieces in targeted press and media.
- Raise awareness and create buzz around Cúirt competition and the launch of festival particularly amongst our priority target audiences
- Secure national and local coverage across news, arts, creative, trade, consumer, lifestyle and business media including:
○ Opinion pieces
○ Listings (events)
○ Post-launch coverage
- Work with Marketing and Communications Manager to devise and deliver the PR campaign as an integrated part of Cúirt’s wider marketing and engagement strategies.
- Provide appropriate, easy to understand reports throughout the project, and compile an evaluation and recommendations/learnings for future PR after the festival.
- You will be working primarily alongside Cúirt’s Marketing and Communications Manager and also with Cúirt’s Director Sasha de Buyl.
- The successful PR agency will be expected to attend monthly meetings and to provide weekly updates via phone and email to the Cúirt team.
- An approved PR plan that covers the launch of Cúirt and maintains momentum well in the lead up to, during and after the festival, including creative ideas and effective press angles
- A targeted media campaign fulfilling the objectives outlined in the brief, including press releases
- A timeline for the planning, execution and delivery of all elements of the campaign
- Writing an array of press releases
- Suggested KPIs for duration of the period
- Press Evaluation, including recommendations for future PR campaigns
- Regular updates to Marketing and Communications Manager and Director`
TIMELINE & BUDGET
Cúirt is looking for quotes to cover the above activity.
- November/December – refine brief and send to selected PR people and agencies
- December – receive quotes and accept pitches
- December/January – appoint PR representative
- February – April – devise and run integrated PR campaign in the lead up to, during and after the festival
Please submit your pitch and quote to firstname.lastname@example.org