Cúirt is a festival that attracts a series of very talented and diverse writers from all over the world every year. In past festivals we have had such well known guests as Seamus Heaney (Mid-Term), Jermaine Greer (The Female Eunuch), Patrick McCabe (The Butcher Boy), Kevin Barry (City of Bohane), Mike McCormack (Solar Bones), Sally Rooney (Conversations with Friends), David Mitchell (Cloud Atlas), Tobias Wolff (This Boy’s Life: A Memoir), Allen Ginsberg (Howl and other Poems), John Banville (The Book of Evidence), Michael Longley (Gorse Fires), Joyce Carol Oates (We were Mulvaney’s) and Margaret Atwood (The Handmaid’s tale).
Cúirt is a festival that is helping to keep literature thriving in Galway, contributing to the rich culture that Galway is renowned for. Every contribution helps keep book reading alive in Galway and helps maintain one of the most exciting festivals in the country. It is much loved and revered at home and abroad.
There are also many benefits to becoming a Patron such as priority booking, the ability to meet the writers at a lunch and the chance to advertise your business on the Cúirt website if you so wish. Should you decide to become a Patron of Cúirt 2019, for €150 you will receive the following:
• Priority booking for events
• An invitation to all official openings and launches associated with the festival
• Your name listed as a patron or your business listed as a sponsor on our website (optional)
• Complimentary tickets to a Cúirt event for you and a guest
• A copy of the official festival poster
• An invitation to a patron and writers’ lunch during the week of the festival
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have. You can also get in touch with Festival Producer Páraic Breathnach at 091 565886 or [email protected]. We are very much looking forward to the upcoming festival and hope you will join us in our celebration.