Applications are now open (until Wednesday April 4) for ambitious young writers aged 18-26 to apply to participate in the inaugural Irish Writers Centre/Cúirt Young Writer Delegates programme. The successful applicants will have the opportunity to attend and contribute to the 2018 Cúirt International Festival of Literature.
This programme is open to writers aged 18-26 living anywhere on the island of Ireland with a strong interest in writing, reading and an ambition to contribute to the Irish literary scene.
You must be available to attend the festival in Galway from Wednesday April 25 – Saturday April 28 inclusive.
Four young writers will receive festival passes and accommodation (as necessary) for four days of full literary immersion at Cúirt events and activities. During this period, they will be supported by an IWC facilitator and local writer mentor to reflect on the festival and share their views via Cúirt and the IWC’s social media platforms. Browse the programme for Cúirt International Festival of Literature here.
- A short cover letter including your home address stating clearly and concisely why you would like to be selected as a Young Writer Delegate and how you think you can contribute to the festival using social media or other platforms to draw attention to the festival
- A Curriculum Vitae (max. two A4 pages) including any written work which may have been published online or in print
- Two differing samples of work (max. 500 words each)
Compile ALL of the above into a single attachment in Word or PDF and send to [email protected], making sure to put Cúirt Young Writer Delegates in the subject line. Incorrect formatting will disqualify. Applicants will receive an acknowledgement upon receipt of applications.
- Intent – the cover letter expressing the applicant’s intent and reason for taking part is key in informing our decisions. Be sure to tell us your ideas on how your presence as a delegate will add value to the festival
- Location – we are seeking applications from all over Ireland*Please note that incomplete or late applications cannot be considered.*
The deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday 4 April, at 5pm. The four successful writers will be informed no later than Friday 13 April. All other applicants will be contacted thereafter.